Natural remedies for Hives
In this article I am going to discuss about natural remedies that can be followed at home for hives. Also a discussion on corns calluses and heat rash.
Hectic life style, pollution, excessive intake of junk food, aggravates the Pitta Dosha or digestion in a human body. This aggravates and vitiates or reduces the quality of blood giving rise to skin disorders or skin diseases. Some natural remedies for skin problems are discussed below.
Hives or Urticaria is an allergic disorder marked by raised edematous patches of skin or mucous membrane and by intense itching, caused by contact with a specific precipitating factor as a food, drug, or inhalant caused either externally or internally.
Causative Factors: Antibiotics, allergy towards some specific food, pregnancy, painkillers, etc.
Hives Natural remedies -
- Affected People should take 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric powder twice daily with water with food,Or can take a Turmeric Curcumin supplement high in Curcumin content.
- One should avoid tea and coffee.
- Make a paste of Tulsi or Holy Basil (Ocimum Sanctum) leaves and apply it on the affected areas.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel to the area.
- Apply Milk of Magnesia to the area.
Corn – A local hardening and thickening of epidermis is called as a corn.
Callus – A thickening of or a hard thickened area on the skin.
The pressure on the skin results in the skin cells dying and these dead cells form a hard surface.
Corns are small and arise on the toes, while Calluses are bigger and generally develop on the soles of the feet.
Corns, Calluses Natural remedies -
- Rub a paste of Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) and Sesame oil on the affected area before going to bed.
- Raw Papaya (Carica Papaya) juice should be applied over the affected area.
- Make a paste of Chalk powder or Calcium Carbonate powder with water and apply it on the affected area.
- Boil some Oat meal in water for about15 minutes, strain away the water into a bucket. Cool it to a comfortable temperature. Then dip the affected area/foot into it.
- Regular massage of Coconut Oil on these Corns and Calluses 3 to 4 times a day is advisable. It makes them soft.
- The powder of Turmeric (Curcuma Longa) mixed with honey can be applied on the affected areas.
Eczema: is an inflammatory condition of the skin characterized by redness, itching and oozing. Vesicular lesions which become scaly crusted or hardened.
Causative Factors: Stress, Allergic reactions, Hereditary.
Symptoms: Itching, redness on the skin, dry and flaky skin, inflammation, rough and thickened skin.
Eczema Natural remedies -
- Always use a mild soap or mild body cleanser.
- Try to avoid physical or mental stress.
- Boil the bark of Neem or Margosa along with its leaves (Azadirachta Indica), cool it down and clean the affected area daily with this warm water. You can also use Neem powder and use if the bark and leaves are not available.
- Oral intake of Walnuts which contain Omega 3 fatty acids is beneficial. It is also a good source of Vit-C. For help with Eczema. As Vitamin C is an antioxidant, it protects the skin from harmful radicals. Hence walnut is useful in skin problems like fungal infections, Eczema, Psoriasis etc.
- Oat meal is a traditional remedy used for skin problems. Oat meal exfoliates dead skin cells, making the skin soft and smooth.
- Mix oat meal with water and scrub it on the affected area. It creates a film on the surface of the skin, allowing the skin to retain its moisture. It is an effective remedy for Eczema. (Do not use this remedy it you are allergic to oats).
- The paste prepared from Neem bark or Margosa (Azadirachta Indica) and Tulsi or Holy Basil (Ocimum Sanctum) leaves should be applied on the affected area.
- Apply a mixture of Sandalwood and Camphor on the Eczema affected areas.
Prickly Heat: or Heat rash is a non-contiguous cutaneous eruption of red pimples with intense itching and tingling caused by inflammation around the sweat ducts.
Causative Factors: It occurs due to excessive sweating, especially during humid climate or in summer.
Heat rash Natural Remedies -
- Add little powder of Oat meal in water. Take a bath with this water. It will give relief from inflammation.
- The paste of Neem or Margosa and, Tulsi or Holy Basil and sandal powder is also effective to give relief.
- Add Rose water and plain water in Multani Mitti (Special clay). Make a paste of it and apply it to the area.
- Intake of Grape juice of 200ml, twice daily is advisable.
- Cold infusion of Dhaniya or Coriander juice 10ml, twice daily is advisable.
I hope the above listed natural remedies for hives and others can be followed by all and I hope this is useful information.
Also read on- Facial scrub, Anti Wrinkle cream
By Satya Narayana
Dr. Satya Narayana is the moderator and editor of this article originally written by Dr. Veena Deo, an Ayurvedic Doctor in India. All the information provided above and opinions expressed above should not be construed as medical advice. This information is provided for educational purposes only. Any statements made above have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products discussed above are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. To consult Dr. Satya Narayana, please send an email to email@example.com